Last Updated: September 20, 2023
Understanding Cookies and Related Technologies
Like many websites, our Services employ cookies, small files that are downloaded to your device. These files enable us and our third-party partners to collect specific information about your interactions with our email communications and Services, enhancing your overall experience. Additionally, we and our partners may employ related technologies like web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying tools, and logging technologies, collectively referred to as "cookies."
Data Collection Through Cookies
Cookies, along with related technologies, are used to automatically gather various types of usage information when you interact with our email communications, Sites, and Services. This information may include device details, such as your IP address, operating system, browser type, visit date/time, and more. We may also utilize analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to measure usage patterns and better understand our customer base. In some instances, location data may be collected, encompassing general geographic data based on IP addresses or more precise location data for mobile device users.
Our Use of Different Types of Cookies
We utilize various types of cookies to enhance your experience:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are crucial for core functions like security, network management, and accessibility. Adjusting your browser settings may disable these cookies, but it may impact the functionality of the Sites and Services.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies remember your preferences, such as language settings or region, optimizing your interaction with our Sites and Services.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These cookies help us recognize and count our site visitors, allowing us to enhance the user experience by improving site functionality and navigation.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies track your site visits, pages viewed, and links followed, allowing us to tailor our Sites, advertising, and marketing communications to align with your interests. Some of this data may be shared with third parties to enhance their services.
- Third-Party Cookies: Advertisers and other third parties may use their own cookies when you click on advertisements or links on our Sites or Services. Please consult the respective third-party cookie and privacy policies for details.
Third-Party Data Collection and Online Advertising
We engage in interest-based advertising and collaborate with third-party advertising firms to deliver targeted ads based on your browsing history. These third parties may collect information about your use of our Services over time to display ads on our Services, other websites or services you use, and across various devices. This data collection is typically facilitated through tracking technologies, including cookies.
Social Media Widgets and Advertising
Our Services may feature social media elements like the Facebook "Like" button, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, or other widgets. These platforms may recognize you and collect data about your visits to our Services, often employing cookies or tracking technologies. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the respective companies.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
You have the option to accept or decline cookies when accessing our Sites. Your consent will be sought for the use of non-Strictly Necessary cookies, and you are free to refuse. However, note that restricting cookies may impact the full functionality of the Services. Most browsers allow you to customize cookie settings, notifying you of incoming cookies, disabling existing ones, or automatically rejecting them. Be aware that disabling cookies may affect your experience on many websites.
Your Choices Regarding Online Ads
We endorse the self-regulatory principles for online behavioral advertising as set forth by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). This allows you to control the collection of information about your online activities across third-party websites for interest-based advertising purposes. You can opt out of online interest-based ads from DAA program participants by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices. This opt-out option is browser-specific and device-specific.